Everyone knows that basic washing and waxing help maintain a car’s paint but here are few smart detailing tips, professional-grade suggestions from a man in the know.
To help keep your vehicle looking sharp,
1. Bird Droppings Are Enemy- keep a bottle of quick-detail spray and a couple microfiber towels in the car to take care of these messes as soon as you spot them
2. Microfiber Towel- Always use a fresh microfiber towel. it’s best to fold them into quarters and then spray cleaner on small sections.
3. A Little Goes a Long Way- Lay it down really thin, If you slather the car with wax it takes way longer to dry before you can buff it off
4. Wax OR Polish- Don’t be overwhelmed by being bombarded with Wax & Polish but in reality either one is good enough.
5. Yes! Clay Bar- One of the safest ways to get a slick, lustrous finish is to use a clay bar.
6. Wax Alone is not enough- The paint needs to be free of contaminants and properly polished in order to really shine.